power loss and erratic rpm

hello,my problems with my 4 cyl efi auto 1600cc  jeep is about 50-60m into accelerating up an incline, say 10deg,i start to loose engine power.the harder i push on the pedal, the worse it gets till i almost stall out.so i back off and the jeep slowly finds its way.sometimes if i keep the pedal pushed down,the jeep will suddenly take off as if i went from 2 cyl to 4 cyl.

the other problem is when  cruising at 100kmh the jeep normally sits on about 3200rpm.if i back off to say 90kmh,the jeep will downshift and rpms shoot up to about 3500rpm and then it feels as though its trying to find the right gear.another words,i cant stay at a constant 90kmh without the tack and engine sound going up and down.the jeep is a daihatsu rocky 1994.please help

1 thought on “power loss and erratic rpm”

1. Sounds like the engine may be in need of a good tune up for the power loss. If the check engine light is on, you will need to have the codes scanned first to help diagnose the issue there. As for the transmission, this is a lock up torque converter going in and out. You can have it replaced or just drive a couple kmh more or less. (its cheaper)

Comments are closed.