Help my 1991 ford f 150 won’t start

I backed up my driveway one day and the truck just died. That day when I tried to start it it would crank. The next day it stopped cranking over and now just makes a buzzing noise when I try to turn it over. My ford wont start. I have replaced fuel pump, clutch saftey switch, ignition switch, starter relay, and the fuel pump selector switch. Still wont start. Please Help!

3 thoughts on “Help my 1991 ford f 150 won’t start”

1. Well, if the engine will not crank over, the first thing to check/replace would be the battery.

The second thing to check would be the starter.

If it is cranking over.. check to see if you are missing fuel or spark or both.

If you have spark, try some starting fluid and if it runs then you know it is a fuel related issue.

If you have no spark or fuel then it is most likely a crank sensor or the ecm.

If you have fuel but no spark it is most likely the ignition module.

http://www.freeautomechanic.com/nostart.html

2. My problem might be related to this, but I don’t know too much about the workings of an engine … here goes:

In regard to a 1997 Chevy Silverado 2500 automatic 4×4 454

So, one day my truck wouldn’t start. It wasn’t getting any fuel. We were in a cold snap and had had heavy, wet snowfalls. There was a dry, clackety clack turning sound, but no cigar. I sprayed in the ether and after a few blows, she caught and I was on the road again for 2 weeks. No problems. I thought it was the cold. Then it happened again, the ether worked, but I knew I had to take her in, but before I could, it happened again and this time the ether didn’t work. Guy said fuel pump (I bet you could see that coming). I said you sure. He said yeah and blah blah blah. I picked the truck up the next day, drove perfectly home, started perfectly in the morning, started perfectly in the afternoon, didn’t start that evening. Same sound, same problem. Towed the truck back and the guy says it started perfectly for him and he had it running for an hour (I’m thinking about all that gas)and he can’t find a problem. Now I’m confused and bewildered. I pick up my truck, make a few stops in town, drive 7 miles and park. I knew when I turned it off, she wouldn’t start again. Except she tried, a couple of hours later and actually caught for a few seconds and puttered out.

Here I am.

Is anybody out there?

Comments are closed.