1996 Chevy S10 Blazer 2 Door 4.3 vortec Auto trans 200,000 miles

I Have a 1996 Chevy S10 Blazer 4.3 vortec auto trans 200,000 miles Have replaced everything from fuel pump to Distributor, Cap, rotor, wires, New Fuel injection assembly, New cat, 02 sensors, Spark Plugs, new muffler, IAC valve, New EGR, New TPS. My Question is when I’m driving this truck you have to push the gas pedal down to get it moving, it acts like it don’t want to go and it is getting really bad gas mileage and when the engine is under load like climbing a hill the check engine MIL light comes on and it’s the same code every time p0302. Can you give any advice as to what could be causing this problem. Thank you very much for any help.

1 thought on “1996 Chevy S10 Blazer 2 Door 4.3 vortec Auto trans 200,000 miles”

1. The P0302 code means that the cylinder 2 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 2 or in your case recheck the spark plug or swap it with one from the other side of the engine to see if the misfire follows the spark plug. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem, see “Possible Causes”

Possible causes
    – Faulty spark plug 2
    – Clogged or faulty fuel injector 2
    – Faulty ignition coil 2
    – Fuel injector 2 harness is open or shorted
    – Fuel injector 2 circuit poor electrical connection
    – Ignition coil 2 harness is open or shorted
    – Ignition coil 2 circuit poor electrical connection
    – Insufficient cylinder 2 compression
    – Incorrect fuel pressure
    – Intake air leak

Comments are closed.