2010 Chevy Equinox, 3.0L V6 89K mi

After replacing timing chain, gaskets, seals, throttle body and AWD harness wiring, I’m done with this car and its unending issues. A few weeks back, noticed MPG faltering, next, a fast paced, faint at first, but HORRIBLY strong today, vibration felt underfoot thru floorboards. Leaving work today, notice it won’t come outta 2nd gear for nothin! Vibrations are intense, loud ticking, so I pull off and stop. Idling is low, open hood, ticking loudest under hood. Also can faintly hear a slight dull rattling sound here n there. So, I check oil to be safe, seemed perfect even tho I checked it kinda hot. Took off engine shield cover to look better, and noticed then the oil filler tube was loose, so I turned it to tighten it. The day before I had added a quart, but oil cap was intensely stuck, almost “heat welded” to the filler tube, and when I finally “broke” it free, I’m assuming that filler tube was loosened as well. I don’t even know where to BEGIN thinking with this issue this time, bcuz I did not once get a dashboard Alarm for anything or anyone. Any type of insight would be extremely helpful

Keywords:

1 thought on “2010 Chevy Equinox, 3.0L V6 89K mi”

1. Seeing as how the transmission isn’t shifting. the first thing I would look at would be to check the transmission fluid level and take note of the color of the fluid.

Next thing I would do would be to have the engine codes scanned to see if there is anything to note.

Since you stated you have had some recent repairs made, I would double check those areas for anything that might be loose and causing the vibration you are experiencing.

Reference: http://www.freeautomechanic.com/auto-repair.html

Comments are closed.