2005 GMC Yukon

My vehicle will basically go out of 2WD when I am driving and slip into neutral. It still shows that it is in gear but actually isn’t. I have to pull over and shift it into 4WD high to get it back into gear. I am looking for solutions. THank you.

Keywords:

1 thought on “2005 GMC Yukon”

1. First thing that comes to mind would be the Park/Neutral Position Switch located on the transmission. You may need to adjust the switch.

transmission range switch

The transmission range (TR) switch is part of the park/neutral position (PNP) and backup lamp switch assembly, which is externally mounted on the transmission manual shaft. The TR switch contains four internal switches that indicate the transmission gear range selector lever position. The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies ignition voltage to each switch circuit. As the gear range selector lever is moved, the state of each switch may change, causing the circuit to open or close. An open circuit or switch indicates a high voltage signal. A closed circuit or switch indicates a low voltage signal. The PCM detects the selected gear range by deciphering the combination of the voltage signals. The PCM compares the actual voltage combination of the switch signals to a TR switch combination chart stored in memory.

Transmission Troubleshooting

Comments are closed.