Ford Fiesta battery light on SOLVED

2011 Ford Fiesta

Hello, I have some sort of electrical issue with my 2011 Ford Fiesta battery light. Upon starting the vehicle around 15 to 30 seconds in the battery/charge light illuminates exactly like clockwork every start. Also when this occurs it pulls the engine slightly nothing major. And if the rear defogger is on it will kick off and wont come back on. I purchased this auto in March has 118,000 miles I am the second owner it is in very good condition as the previous owner was a female and she purchased it new. The Alternator is good and battery also under a load its at 13.8 volt and off its 12.6 volts. I am stumped any input or advice is very welcome. Thanks

The guys at fixya would have you do the following:

• check the dash connection.
  • also if you have a multi-meter, check the voltage  as it could be a bad earth or the main fuse for the alternator is blown. on the main wire near the connection there might be a fuse, if the alternator fails it will blow this before it gets to the battery. called fusible link .

Sounds good, but looking at the wiring diagram you can clearly see there are no fusible links. Only one 450A Mega Fuse.

Charging system wiring diagram – 2011 Ford Fiesta

2011-ford-fiesta-color-schematics-starting-charging-charging-circuit-1-of-1-

2 thoughts on “Ford Fiesta battery light on SOLVED”

1. Hello I’m a little unclear on the process of your site and its help. I posted this question probably a week and a half to two weeks ago & I received a email notice that my query had been posted only now so when could I expect to have a answer, advice or a reply pertaining to a solution to my situation?

Comments are closed.