Left side window problem 2004 SAAB 9.3 vector sport

Saab 93

Left side window problem

I have this strange problem on Saab 93 year 2004 2.2 tid vector sport fully equipped.
Left side drivers side that is window is doing (or not doing) the following:
1.Once pressed down window goes down fine.
2.Once pressed up nope you need to hold it up all the way.
3.There is no pinch protection on that window,others work just fine.
4.All efforts to calibrate that side came out negative – all other windows and sun roof and side rear mirrors work fine.
5.Remotely on key I can open all windows and sun roof(except the left one),and consequently I can close all windows and sun roof plus rear door mirrors – EXCEPT the left side door window.
6.Nothing has changed on that door since I bought the car – no replacements of module or etc.I did changed battery on several occasions but calibration worked fine on all windows,since one day when it decided its gonna make me miserable.
I would appreciate if anyone had a similar problem and sorted that out.

Taking the fuse out 35 and harness at the door removing and all sort of methods up down wait were tried countless times…For no good.

Replacing the window motor and regulator assembly, in most cases, will take care of most window problems followed by the door module.

Diagnosing a window problem

There are a few things you can check. Check the glass guide seal (A) on both sides of the window. Make sure that no rubbish has become caught. Clean the seal if necessary. Look to see if the seal is damaged or creased. Therefore if the seal is damaged or creased it must be replaced.

window seal

Remove the door trim and check that the window motor and regulator are securely fastened without play. Adjust if necessary. Check that the the window is fastened securely an is not unsteady in the slider when raised and lowered. The window must be in contact with the rubber coated mountings.

Pinch Protection Programming

1. Close the window
  2. Reset the pinch protection by removing and re-installing fuse F5 from the instrument panel electrical  center. The pinch protection for both door modules is now reset and both front windows can be reprogrammed.
  3. Start the car.
  4. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.
  5. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.
  6. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.
  7. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.
  8. An audible confirmation is heard when the calibration has been completed. In the event that there is no audible confirmation, repeat the procedure.