Trailer wiring diagram Dodge Journey 2009

I need a standard trailer wiring diagram for a auto trailer. The supply side has a 5 position plug. 1ground, 4 colored supply wires, trailer has two tail lights with brake light capability. I misplaced my instructions. Need help identifying colors of trailer connections.

The 5 wire  diagram shows the addition of a wire for use on electric brakes or back up lights. Where as on the 4 wire diagram does not. Use the provided wiring diagrams below to assist you in your installation.

4 wire trailer wiring diagram

trailer wiring diagram

5 wire trailer wiring diagram

5 wire trailer wiring diagram

Towing Package Factory Wiring Harness

The trailer tow preparation wiring harness is connected to the body wire harness. It is located at the right and left outer rear lamp unit connections. After installation is complete, a trailer tow stop/turn relay is secured to the harness behind the rear bumper fascia just below each outer rear lamp unit. A trailer tow stop lamp relay is located on the underside of each outboard end of the rear bumper reinforcement behind the rear fascia. The four-way trailer tow connector is located near the center of the rear fascia.

Trailer/Towing wiring diagram – 2009 Dodge Journey

(Best Viewed in Google Chrome Browser)
2009-dodge-journey-color-schematics-exterior-lights-trailer-tow-circuit-1-of-1-