Can I Use Oil Stop Leak Additive 2004 Honda Civic

I have oil pan gasket leak, can I use stop oil leak additive to stop the leak? thank you

The best thing to do would be to replace the oil pan gasket. According to the labor time guide it calls for 2.5 hours. However that is not what you asked, so let me address your question. According to the oil stop leak additive manufacturers the product swells existing gaskets and will not seal larger leaks. That being said, I suppose the size of the oil leak would have to determine if it would work or not. You could always try it and see for under $20 it might be worth it to see if it does. Let us know how it turns out if you do decide to try it.

Lucas Oil Stop Leak

Engine Oil Pan Gasket R&R

Removal

1. If the engine is out of the vehicle, go to step 7.

2. Raise the vehicle on the hoist to full height.

3. Drain the engine oil.

4. D17A2 engine: Disconnect the primary heated oxygen sensor (primary HO2S) connector and secondary heated oxygen sensor (secondary HO2S) connector, then remove the exhaust pipe A/three way catalytic converter (TWC).

5. D17A6 engine: Disconnect the third heated oxygen sensor (third HO2S) connector, remove the exhaust pipe A/TWC assembly.

6. D17A1 engine: Remove the exhaust pipe/muffler assembly.

7. Remove the bolts/nuts securing the oil pan.

8. Remove the oil pan.

Installation

1. Remove any old liquid gasket from the oil pan mating surfaces, bolts, and bolt holes.

2. Clean and dry the oil pan mating surfaces.

3. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004, 08718-0001, 08718-0003, or 08718-0009, evenly to the oil pan mating surface of the block and to the inner threads of the bolt holes. Fig. 1:

2004-honda-civic-oil-pan-gasket-replacement

a. Apply a 4 mm wide bead of liquid gasket.

b. Apply a second bead where the two ends of the first bead meet.

c. Do not install the parts if 4 minutes or more have elapsed since applying liquid gasket.

d. Instead, reapply liquid gasket after removing the old residue.

4. Install the oil pan on the engine block.