2010 Chevy Cobalt LT sedan trans 4T45E wont move after transmission rebuild.

Chevy Cobalt

Big hole in Transmission pan, drove it home full throttle, I replaced the pan,and gasket and filter,fluid,But noticed that the trans bands intermediate and reverse were burnt because of what I found in the old trans pan. replaced both bands,and replaced pressure sensor solenoid valve-out put speed sensor, problem now it will not recognize any gears.runs great no noises,the only way the thing will work is by applying the brakes , reverse lights work.its on a 2010 Chevy Cobalt , Transmission is 4T45E, please help it won’t move when giving it has.

I worked before and now it doesn’t. So the first thing to do would be to double check your work and see what is no longer in the right place. Check for anything left unplugged as well. Scan for any trouble codes present that might help narrow down the problem area. No quick fix for this one.

Keywords:

2 thoughts on “2010 Chevy Cobalt LT sedan trans 4T45E wont move after transmission rebuild.”

1. We doubled checked and I thought we replaced the pressure control solenoid.but it was the TCC control pwm solenoid that we replaced.so I have called the Chevy dealer and he said it seems like every thing is ok but the reason it won’t recognize the gears is because the Input speed sensor needs to be replaced.and said sense the transmission will be open to go ahead and replace the 1-2 shift solenoid valve and the 2-3 shift solenoid valve. but he said the main reason to replace the input speed sensor becouse the input sensor and the output speed sensor work together to tell the transmission what gear to be in,they work together to also control the all the sensors , they also control the torque converter.with out the two speed sensors it will go into limp mode.is that right. So far replacement parts we done on car after she came in with big whole in trans pan was 1- new pan / 2- new filter/3- new gasket for pan/4-Output speed sensor/ 5-Tcc control pwm solenoid/6-Auto trans band Intermediate/ 7-Auto trans band lower witch is Reverse.but she has on order now to replace the 1-the input speed sensor , 2- the 1-2 shift solenoid valve, 3- the 2-3 shift solenoid valve.shoul I also replace the pressure control solenoid ?? She thought she replaced this one already but she got it mixed up she really replaced the Tcc control pwm solenoid not the pressure control solenoid.what do you think???

Comments are closed.