Code P0420 Catalytic Converter 2013 Chevy Cruze Lt 1.4L

Chevy Cruze

Hello, I have the p4020 code on my code reader so I’m going to change the catalytic converter but I’m kind of confused and I don’t know anything about cars. Can I get just the catalytic converter by itself or do I have to get one that’s connected to the exhaust manifold? Thank you for your time and help.

I think you intended to say Code P0420.

You can purchase a universal catalytic converter but it will have to be welded into place instead of bolted. And it may take some serious fabricating that in turn may end of costing more money. Not to mention it will take more time. No need to buy the entire manifold either.

An OEM Catalytic converter would be the best way to go for most individuals that aren’t equipped with welder or welding skills. Like this Front one available form Amazon: Davico 19518 Catalytic Converter

2013 chevy cruze catalytic converterShop Automotive

Gaskets are included with this catalytic converter. Made in the USA but not legal for use in California.

Not what you are going to need but just for example. Here is a picture of a rear catalytic converter for the 2013 Chevy Cruze:

2013-chevy-cruze-rear-converter

Labor Time for 1.4L Chevy Cruze Catalytic Converter
Model YearSkill CodeFactory TimeLABOR Time
CATALYTIC CONVERTER, R&R
 Cruze, Cruze Limited,
  1.4L,
   Front …………………………..2011-16B0.60.8
   Rear ……………………………2011-16B0.81.1

Before you make a purchase take the time to look at what you have and what you need and order accordingly.

Keywords: