Nissan Sentra 2012 jerks heavily when shifted to reverse

Nissan Sentra

I recently had to drive my Nissan Sentra 2012 CVT through a deep pool of water on a rainy day and later discovered that when I put the shift lever in reverse or drive it jerks heavily, scan results show codes: U0101, p1740

Things may go back to normal after the moisture dries. Otherwise you may need to start looking at the wiring harness connections. Look for anything broken or bent. Take note to any signs of corrosion, etc.

Diagnostic Trouble Code U0101 CAN COMMUNICATION LINE

Description

CAN (Controller Area Network) is a serial communication line for real time application. It is an on-vehicle multiplex communication line with high data communication speed and excellent error detection ability. Many electronic control units are equipped onto a vehicle, and each control unit shares information and links with other control units during operation (not dependent). in CAN communication, control units are connected with 2 communication lines (CAN H line, CAN L line) allowing a high rate of information transmission with less wiring. Each control unit transmits/receives data but selectively reads required data only.

On Board Diagnosis Logic

Nissan Code P1740 – Lockup Solenoid Valve Circuit

Code P1740 Possible Causes

• Low on transmission fluid
  • Dirty or contaminated transmission fluid
  • Faulty lockup solenoid select valve
  • Lockup select valve wiring harness is open or shorted

Lock-up Select Solenoid Valve Wiring Diagram

2012-nissan-sentra-lock-up-solenoid-wiring-diagram