Power accessories stopped working 2001 Lincoln Continental

2001 Lincoln Continental

Everything was working fine on this vehicle until the battery died on the prior owner (I used to drive it). He put a smaller battery in it, one that had enough power to start it and drive it, however, all the power accessories stopped working – windows, mirrors, locks, seats, etc. He did get the correct size battery after, but none of the power things have started working. Is this maybe a relay problem? or something else? When I try any of them I don’t even hear a click of it attempting to work.

You could check to see if you even have battery positive at the fuses. There could be a blown in-line fuse sometimes called a fusible link. This happens sometimes when swapping out a battery and something gets touched that shouldn’t. Another cause might be a wire/cable didn’t get connected back correctly. Looking at the wiring diagrams I do not see an in-line fuse. However, I do see what is called a “MEGA FUSE” that is a 175A Fuse. Might check this one, it is located in the Battery Junction Box. Take a look at the wiring diagrams provided below to get a better idea of what I am talking about.

2001 Lincoln Continental Charging System Wiring Diagram

2001-lincoln-continental-charging-system-wiring-diagram

2001 Lincoln Continental Power Distribution Wiring Diagram

2001-lincoln-continental-power-distribution-wiring-diagram