1998 Nissan Altima transmission problem

I have a 1998 nissan altima gxe manual transmission and it won’t shift to 1st or 2nd,but it does shift to 3rd,4th,5th,and reverse what’s the problem and how did it occur

TSB #ITB03-062  Caution During Engine or Transmission Replacement

Keywords:

12 thoughts on “1998 Nissan Altima transmission problem”

1. If the transmission works smooth in 3,4,5 and reverse and not at all in 1,2. Your transmission is damaged internally. Most likely cause would be down shifting at too high or speed/rpm or simple “hot rodding” or “speed shifting”

2. my nissan maxima jerks on changing gear,moves sluggishly with D but does wel wit R and Manual aspect altho jerks on engaging.also hard starts

3. all these started after i was stopped on the road while on a journey.Then the auto electrician noted that the body earth wire connected to the gear box hav disconnected,which he reconnected thereafter.

4. P0340 NISSAN Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Bank 1
    Possible causes
    – Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
    – Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
    – Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
    – Faulty starter motor
    – Starting system circuit
    – Dead (Weak) battery

P0037&p0057 NISSAN HO2S12 Heater Control Circuit Low (won’t cause drivability issues) – Replace both back 02 sensors to fix

P0118 NISSAN Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit High
    Possible causes
    – Low engine coolant level
    – Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
    – Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical circuit poor connection
    – Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
    – Faulty engine coolant thermostat

P0460 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction( won’t cause drivability issues)

So, replace the cam shaft sensor, thermostat and temp sensor and you should be good to go.

Comments are closed.