Fuel pressure regulator 2000 Hyundai Accent

Hyundai Accent

I need to either adjust or replace the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. Is heir a quick check to fix a faulty regulator or replacement kit or complete FUEL PRESSURE, REGULATOR. How do I go about the procedure?

On a 2000 Hyundai Accent the fuel pressure regulator is located in the fuel pump. So the fuel pump will need to be replaced. I have added the DIY fuel pump replacement procedure below along with corresponding diagrams. The Labor time for replacing the fuel pump is at 0.8 of an hour.

I also went ahead and looked up the Fuel Pump Kit that fits your 2000 Hyundai Accent. Purchase Fuel Pump Kit Now for $22.99

FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT

ACCENT & SONATA

The following procedure has been revised by a Technical Service Bulletin.

1. Relieve fuel pressure. (see below)
  2. Remove fuel tank cap, then tank drain plug and drain fuel.
  3. Disconnect return hose and vapor line.
  4. Disconnect fuel gauge unit connector, then the high pressure hose from fuel tank, Figs. 1 and 2.
  5. Remove fuel filler and leveling hoses from tank, then the tank band retaining nuts, straps, vapor hose and fuel tank.
  6. Disconnect any remaining fuel pump electrical connectors.
  7. Remove fuel pump retaining nuts, then the fuel pump.
  8. Remove fuel pump filter.
  9. Disconnect electrical connector No. 1, Fig. 2.
  10. Disconnect electrical connector No. 2 from fuel pump by heating soldered connection, Fig. 3. Do not use a flame type soldering iron.
  11. Remove pump from bracket.
  12. Then Remove clamp and disconnect fuel hose.
  13. Remove rubber insulator from fuel pump.
  14. Reverse procedure to install. Electrical connector No. 2 must be soldered to ensure a proper connection.
fuel pump diagram 2000 Hyundai Accent
fuel pump replacement fig 2
Fuel pump replacement fig 3

FUEL PRESSURE RELIEF

1. Disconnect fuel pump electrical connector.
  2. Run engine until it stalls, then turn ignition to Off position.
  3. Connect fuel pump harness connector.